National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) performs national services such as lobbying in Congress for legislation favorable to the building industry, home owners and tenants and opposing laws unfavorable to home ownership and rental property development.
It also speaks for the building industry to all government departments and agencies, and to the White House. NAHB is headquartered in its own multistory building, the National Housing Center, in Washington. With a staff of over 300 specialists in all aspects of residential building management, construction and marketing, the National Association offers an impressive array of services for both builder and associate members, mostly free on request.
Major services are in the areas of publications; library; management education and training; technical, codes and legal information; annual convention/exposition; specialized seminars; research and economics; and numerous others. Through its organizational structure of committees, departments, councils and foundations, NAHB is well postured, experienced and qualified to serve the diverse interests of its more than 230,000 members and approximately 800 affiliated associations nationwide.
From dues you pay, the DBA pays $120 in dues for your membership in NAHB each year. Through the DBA you get representation on the NAHB Board. DBA Directors elect National Directors based on the number of builder members enrolled; thus the HBA has one of the largest number of National Directors of any local association in the country.
NAHB Membership Benefits
- Subscription to NAHB newsletter
- Free subscription to NAHB’s monthly BUILDER Magazine
- 20% discount on all books, brochures, videotapes and audiocassettes available through the Home Builder Bookstore
- Access to a variety of other magazines and newsletters that cover specific industry segments
- Year-round national and regional workshops, seminars and conferences
- Professional designation programs
- Specialized education like the Custom Builder Symposium and the Master Builders Series
- Invitation to attend the International Builders’ Show™ with 200-plus educational sessions, and the Remodelers’ Show™ with over 80 seminars
- Nationally recognized awards competitions
- Public awareness campaigns
- Access to the members only section of NAHB.org
- Valuable economic and forecasting information
- Free legal assistance
- Free, customized resource listings
- Individual consultation with any of NAHB’s 300-plus staff experts on over 500 industry subjects
- Toll-free Member Service Center assistance
- Lobbying efforts
- Influence with media, government agencies and industry coalitions
- Industry clout
- Committee and council involvement and leadership opportunities
- Specialized support from groups such as NAHB councils, Builder 20 and Remodeler 20 Clubs
- 20% member discount on NAHB’s Mailing List Service
- Trade shows and special events
- Discounted business products and services