Local City Information:
- National Association of Home Builders
- Toolbase Services
The Home Building Industry's Technical Information Resource
- Texas A&M Energy Systems Laboratory Conducts modeling for state building performance standards
- International Builders' Show
- Builder Books
- National Weather Service Forecast Office
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- OSHA Assistance for Residential Construction Industry
An estimated 1.6 million Americans are employed in the construction industry, half of which work in residential construction. Each year, roughly 38,000 construction injuries are reported, with some 21,000 involving days away from work. Many OSHA standards apply to residential construction for the prevention of possible fatalities. This page provides information about those standards, and the hazards present in residential construction. It was developed in cooperation with the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) as part of the OSHA-NAHB Alliance.
- Federal Alliance for Safe Homes
The Federal Alliance for Safe Homes— FLASH, Inc. is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization dedicated to promoting disaster safety and property loss mitigation.