The Dallas Builders Association is searching for a full time Director of Membership Marketing to be the focal point of our membership recruitment and retention efforts.
Director of Membership Marketing
The Dallas Builders Association is a trade association representing all segments of the residential building industry in the Dallas Metropolitan area. Its mission is to enhance its members’ ability to provide safe, affordable, quality housing to the citizens of the local communities. The Association does this by:
- Promoting positive public policy through active participation in the legislative and regulatory processes;
- Providing industry information and education to the members and the public;
- Enhancing the positive image of the industry and the members through training and encouraging ethical behavior and professional standards; and
Making membership in the Association an essential element of a successful residential building industry company.
Under the direction of the Executive Officer, the Director of Membership Marketing has the following responsibilities:
Be the focal point of the Association’s membership recruiting and retention efforts.
-Develop and effectively implement strategies to market the inherent value of being a Dallas BA member to representatives from all facets of the residential construction industry.
- Provide outstanding customer service to current and prospective Dallas BA members and related parties including, but not limited to, prompt and professional responses to member inquiries and personal follow-ups with current/prospective members in order to ensure their experience with the Association is exceptional.
- Develop and effectively implement aspects of the Association’s Strategic Plan that pertain to membership recruitment and retention, including the image the Association projects to members of the home building industry and consumers.
- Work closely with communications staff to maintain and improve membership-related areas of the Association’s website and suggest innovative ways to convey member benefits via the website, publications, embedded media and social media.
- Evaluate effectiveness of strategies such as dues structure, membership categories, benefits and policies and recommend changes as appropriate to obtain goals.
- Facilitate Association’s membership based committees, meetings and activities.
- Identify ways to effectively utilize the member database to reach current and prospective members.
- Assist in maintaining membership database and develop lead-generation system to leverage contacts made by other staff members.
- Prepare and submit written and oral reports as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Officer.
Education: Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Degree or coursework in marketing is a plus.
Experience: Two (2) or more years of work experience, in a membership-based association, sales or customer service environment. Outstanding candidates will have previous success in coordinating membership recruitment/retention activities and/or sales/marketing experience within the residential home building industry.
Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a broad range of individuals in-person and on the phone. Demonstrated ability to utilize emerging technology, write clearly, work independently, remain organized and respond quickly to changing organizational needs. Experience with association management software is a plus.
Compensation: Competitive base salary with significant additional performance-based compensation related to membership growth and retention. The Dallas BA offers competitive benefits.
Application Instructions: Please provide cover letter (specifically addressing your fit for this position) and résumé. Email these materials to MembershipDirectorApplicant@dallasbuilders.com.